Friday, May 18, 2018

Midshipman's Hope


Midshipman's Hope is the first book in the Seafort Saga by David Feintuch. I don't care for coming-of-age stories or books with adolescent protagonists, but that's exactly what this is and I like it fine.

from the back of the book:
A hideous accident kills the senior officers of the UNS Hibernia -leaving a terrified young officer to save three hundred colonists and crew aboard a damaged ship, on a seventeen-month gauntlet to reach the colony of Hope Nation. With no chance of rescue or reinforcement, Nicholas Seafort must overcome despair, exhaustion, guilt; he must conquer malfunctions, mutiny, and an alien horror beyond human understanding.

He must save lives. And he must take them, in the name of duty...

6 comments:

  1. This sounds exactly like something my husband really enjoys. I am going to mention it to him. Have a great weekend. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Seafort Saga has 7 volumes in the series, following this main character during his career. A good adventure series. I hope he likes it.

      Delete
  2. I just read about your fall. Please take care of yourself. I can't imagine how hard this must be for you, and being out of sorts is not like you. I hope you feel better soon, dear. I wish I lived closer and could bring you something to brighten your day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So kind :) It's been hard to be away. I'm glad I had so many posts scheduled lol

      Delete
  3. Fall? I suppose it must have been on facebook. I am so rarely on there I miss everything. I hope you are okay??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I didn't share it on FB 'til I got a cleared-to-drive ok from my doctor's office. I'm blaming my scar on pirates lol I'm almost ok and getting better :)

      Delete