Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Dracula in Istanbul

Dracula in Istanbul is a 1953 Turkish film loosely based on a translation of the Bram Stoker novel. It's an interesting take on the story, and I'm glad I've seen it for comparison's sake.



Diabolique Magazine closes with this:
Technical flaws and budget issues aside, Dracula in Istanbul is a decent take on the Count Dracula legend and I’ll give the Turkish production credit for doing the best they could do. The film certainly isn’t scary, but it manages to entertain as a whole and makes for an interesting viewing.
Horrorpedia has a few screenshots. Den of Geek notes it as the first film to make a direct connection between Dracula and Vlad the Impaler.

4 comments:

  1. Gosh, dear. When I clicked to watch the video, I got "This video is unavailable." It sounds decent, though, especially if it isn't scary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's gone now, more's the pity :( I stuck in a trailer instead.

      Delete
  2. I got unavailable, too. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These things come and go. I wish I'd caught this, but I've been away from the blog :( I've subbed a trailer, but it doesn't do the film justice.

      Delete