Wednesday, April 26, 2017

It Follows

It Follows is a 2014 horror movie about it following. Yes, it does, it follows, after sex, until you pass it on, and you'd think that'd be scary or creepy or something. I found it tame. My opinion isn't shared by most. It gets great reviews.

trailer:



The New York Times calls it a "cool, controlled horror film," and says, "“It Follows,” might be described as the very incarnation of paranoia." Wired says it's "worthy of every good review it’s gotten." Empire Online gives it 4 out of 5 stars and concludes, "A first-rate horror movie, It Follows adds a new monster to the pantheon expect pranksters to imitate the Follower for cheap shocks soon and has a refreshing, unpretentious sense that a meaningful subtext doesn'’t undercut spookiness."

Rolling Stone gives it 3 out of 4 stars and says it "creeps you out big-time in that cool way that freezes the blood." Slant Magazine gives it 1 1/2 out of 4 stars. Sight and Sound calls it one of the best films of the year.

Entertainment Weekly gives it an A- and calls it "a dizzyingly tense and creepy workout." Roger Ebert's site gives it 3 1/2 out of 4 stars and calls it "unsettling, and deservedly celebrated". Rotten Tomatoes has a 97% critics score, but the audience score is 65%..

4 comments:

  1. I think I'd probably agree with you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't help but wonder when I watch a movie and my opinion differs so much from the reviewers. Why couldn't I see the good they saw? Hmmmmm

      Delete
  2. I often find the same problem. What I think should be in the toilet, others rave about. Shows I adore are ones that are canceled first. I think my radar is way, way off most of the time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TV shows are a problem lol. I've started waiting until the 2nd season is out on DVD and it's been renewed for a third to even start most of them. Except Expanse. I jumped on Expanse right away.

      Delete