Saturday, October 29, 2016

The Night Stalker

The Night Stalker is the 1972 made-for-TV horror/detective film starring Darren McGavin. McGavin is best known for his role as the father in The Christmas Story but was Mike Hammer in the 1950s tv series and also the founder of the X-Files in that franchise among many other roles in stage/film/tv.

via Youtube:


Moria says it "was one of the sharpest and most amusingly well written of these in its attempts to come to terms with the idea of a vampire in the modern-day." DVD Talk says, "at the time that it aired in 1972, The Night Stalker was the highest rated TV movie ever broadcast by a wide margin," calls it "entertaining" and "one of the best TV movies ever broadcast," and praises the acting. Rotten Tomatoes has a critics rating of 86%.

5 comments:

  1. It was on cable TV recently, but on a channel I don't get, so I missed it yet again. When it was on TV the first time, my grandparents didn't have a TV, refusing to have one until I graduated from High School. I've heard great things about this TV movie, so wish I had been able to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh. I didn't realize the entire movie was available on your blog. I thought it was a trailer, but when I clicked to watch the trailer, realized I could see the entire thing. THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it when I find things online so I can preview them. A trailer is not usually enough to inspire me to actually buy a DVD lol, but being able to preview something shows me if I'd want to own it.

      Delete
  3. I remember watching The Night Stalkers! This was fun to see. :)
    I loved The Twilight Zone, Star Trek, Hitchcock Presents, and what was the one that said--don't try to adjust your set? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was skittish about horror when I was young and didn't watch too much, but I remember seeing some of the Twilight Zone and Outer Limits. And when I got older there was Night Gallery. Yikes! I was a huge Star Trek fan, and I still think Kirk is the best captain ;)

      Delete