Friday, July 15, 2016

Children of the Corn

Children of the Corn is a 1984 horror film based on a Stephen King short story. Linda Hamilton has a major role. Evil children run amok. I enjoyed it once but won't keep the disc. Sequels and remakes followed, but I have no interest in seeing them.

trailer:



1000 Misspent Hours opens with this:
Long, long ago, in some review or other, I said that I couldn’t recall ever having seen a really bad evil child movie. Well, the time has come for me to eat those words with a big glass of orange juice and a side order of hash browns— or perhaps grits would be the more appropriate side dish, seeing as the film that has brought me to these unpleasant straits is Children of the Corn.
Moria gives it a single star and says, "Alas, Children of the Corn is not a very good Stephen King adaptation." HorrorNews.net says, "Despite how much the film disappoints on all levels it has a certain charm to it. I hate to admit it but COTC is never boring; I was drawn into the story, or lack of a story."

Roger Ebert concludes, "By the end of “Children of the Corn,” the only thing moving behind the rows is the audience, fleeing to the exits." Rotten Tomatoes has a critics score of 38%.

2 comments:

  1. I read the story, so probably wouldn't like the movie, if it gets such poor reviews. Stephen King can spin a decent tale, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I rarely read horror, but I've read a couple by King. He does know how to draw you in.

      Delete