Friday, June 17, 2016

The Orphanage

The Orphanage is a 2007 Spanish horror film. A woman and her husband bring their own adopted son back to the now-closed orphanage where she lived happily as a young child. They plan on living there and turning it into a home for handicapped children. Her son soon starts reporting games and conversations with new friends the parents have never seen. This movie is a sad and haunting story without any gore.

trailer:



Empire Online calls it "A good old-fashioned horror in the best possible way, this is a beautifully told, terrifying ghost story that lingers with you long after the shivers have stopped." Time Out calls it "the most frightening ghost story since ‘The Others’." Roger Ebert gives it a positive review Rotten Tomatoes has a critics score of 87%.

2 comments:

  1. I confess I'm not very good with horror stories, gore or not. I stay up all night and can't get them out of my head. So I am afraid I won't be looking for this one, but I appreciate the review, regardless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not everybody's cup of tea. I know some people who don't mind gore but who can't watch eerie ghost stories. My husband favors funny movies with happy endings :) Different strokes....

      Delete