Sunday, January 24, 2016

Natchez Trace State Park Trails

On our recent trip to Natchez Trace State Park we walked a few of their trails. The Pin Oak Lakeside Trail is a 3-mile trail from the cabins to a picnic area and back:




There's a trail at Cub Lake, but it seemed to spend a lot of time on the paved road and close to the cabins and playgrounds, so we didn't walk that whole distance. We started it at the beach:


There are a couple of boardwalks across the lake:




None of these trails are more than pleasant walks in the woods and aren't what I would call "hikes". We didn't do any of the longer trails, and I'm sure that's where the legitimate hiking is to be found. The walking we did was lovely, though. The woods are beautiful, as are the lakes.

4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful place to walk. No white snow on the ground like we have here in New Hampshire. I love seeing where people go and what they do...Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These photos were taken before the storm, but that storm pretty much skipped us here in Memphis. I got a dusting out on the patio, and it's gone now. This park is about an hour and a half east and slightly north of Memphis, so they may have some actual snow. I've been seeing news stories about the snow in your part of the country. Wow!

      Delete
  2. What a lovely area. And it looks so warm and inviting there, too. Loved the signs, but was glad to see you didn't try jumping off the bridge (grin).

    When I got home yesterday, I was surprised there was no snow. So glad it missed us, too. My neighbor said there was a dusting of snow, but it melted by noon. Glad I missed it all, as did you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll bet it's tempting to use that railing as a diving board in hot weather ;)

      Delete