Thursday, September 19, 2013

New Nam King


I used to go to New Nam King a lot, but then I moved and found another Chinese buffet that was closer. The Daughter and I were in the area recently and decided to go for old time's sake.


It was ok, I guess, but the broccoli, for example, managed to be both tough and mushy, and there were no green beans, no white rice, none of several items we usually see on Chinese buffets. There was a lot more of things like french fries, and macaroni and cheese, and fried okra than there used to be years ago. I think I'll be happy to stick with the buffet that is closer to where I live now.

The score at Urban Spoon is 74%. Yelp gives it 2 1/2 out of 4 stars with 4 reviews.

2 comments:

  1. That's the thing about Chinese buffets. I have never understood the need for green beans you see in every restaurant here in Wichita, but also can't understand the need for french fries or mac and cheese.

    My friend Kathy and I went to the same buffet three times before she found the white rice. It was in a rice maker that looked a bit like a crock pot. I'm a fried rice gal, so I would never have looked for the white rice, or even cared for it. Like you, I dislike mushy, tough broccoli. That tells me it had sat in the steam table a bit too long. I can understand your disappointment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. some chinese buffets are better than others. this one used to be our favorite. we may have just caught them on a bad day.

      i'm more into the fried rice, too, but my daughter likes the white. she says they're trying to appeal to the kids with the mac&cheese/french fry offerings. that may be. i don't object to it but it always surprises me.

      Delete