Monday, August 05, 2013

Tennessee, by Drew Holcomb and The Neighbors

Tennessee:



by Drew Holcomb and The Neighbors. Holcomb is a native Memphian.

lyrics:
When I was a boy I didn't know nothin',
Didn't have a care in the world,
I had innocence and ignorance of things,
I wish I still did not know.
But no matter how far these songs take me,
If my dreams come true or the heart aches break me,
No matter where I make my bed,
I long for you.

Tennessee
Tennessee
I was born here and raised here and I will make my grave here,
It's home,
Tennessee.

We've all got a story frozen in time,
Places and people, livin' and dyin'
The heart beats and breathe and just tryin'
To make sense of it all.
I am the second born of my mother and father
He's a lion-hearted man, she's a Jesus-lovin' woman
And no matter how far I roam I always belong

To Tennessee
Tennessee
I was born here and raised here and I will make my grave here,
It's home,
Tennessee.

It's not just geography, it's a part of me, the air I breathe.
And we've got a history, and the blood runs through.

Tennessee
Tennessee
Tennessee
I was born here and raised here and I will make my grave here,
It's home,
Tennessee.
I heard this a while back on WEVL radio.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks. Enjoyed listening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad y'all liked it. i had never heard of this group before i happened across them on our local independent radio station.

    ReplyDelete