Sunday, April 14, 2013

Yellow Iris


I saw Iris Jaune by Claude Monet at an art blog and suddenly I was back in my favorite Poirot video, The Yellow Iris. I don't know what it is about this episode that pulls me in so. I like the fact that we see Poirot over a long period of time -an old case comes back to haunt him. I love the key part a chanteuse plays:



I don't think I've ever seen this particular work by Monet, but I like it. I think I'll try to get a copy framed and put it up somewhere.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:28 AM

    It's a pretty flower picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think so, too. i'm thinking a simple black frame without a mat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, this is so weird/coincidental. The chapters in my French textbooks are themed. Last month we learned the "art" words and spoke extensively about Monet and the Impressionists. This month we are learning "justice" and "detective" words and we had a long discussion about Poirot. I attend an international school so only a handful of the other students knew who Poirot was. Oddly, the Iranian girl explained to us she catches Poirot re-reruns on TV in Iran. I didn't see that one coming.

    ReplyDelete
  4. michelle, it's magic!

    iran wouldn't be my guess as being the hotbed of poirot fandom lol.

    ReplyDelete