Sunday, March 03, 2013

Give 'em Hell Malone

Give 'em Hell Malone is a 2009 film noir starring Thomas Jane, Ving Rhames and Elsa Pataky. It's a crime film that doesn't seem to get much love. I had certainly never heard of it, but The Younger Son, always on the look-out for another Ving Rhames movie, put this on. It was fun to watch, though there's nothing new here. I doubt I'll watch it again, but I'll watch a sequel if they make one.

trailer:



DVD Talk closes with this:
Conclusion
I had high hopes for Malone going in, but they dropped off sharply before even the introductory action sequence had ended. If this was one of those movies where the first 10 minutes were available online, I doubt anyone would actually bother to see it. It's not that the movie is particularly terrible, just that it lets down the viewer's expectations in all the wrong areas. Despite a couple of good supporting performances, sadly, I'd have to advise the viewer to skip it. Even if you're a big French Stewart fan.
DVD Verdict says,
For those (like me) who don't need something to tide them over until a Sin City sequel, there's not much reason to check Malone out. Even if you can get past the ridiculous villains of the film (I couldn't), the plot doesn't provide much reason for you to stick around.
Rotten Tomatoes doesn't have a critics score, and the audience score is a sad 37%.

No comments:

Post a Comment