Sunday, February 10, 2013

Love at First Sight

As we continue our years-long search for a property to buy that would be suitable both for The Grandmother to move into with us and for us long-term, we must occasionally change our list of must-haves. For example, we've gone from needing 4 bedrooms to needing 3 after The Daughter moved into her own place. But every once in a while, I see a place I fall in unreasonable love with. This is my current I-Love-This condo:


It's not a live option for us -for one thing the monthly HOA fees are $670. Wow!- but I can't help loving it. The windows in that picture are North-facing and overlook Overton Park.

2 comments:

  1. Very nice flat in what looks like a supernice area. Actually, from my point of view, you seem to get a lot for your money where you live. That monthly fee is about what my mom-in-law pays for her 2 rooms-and-kitchen in LuleĆ„. And a similar flat as hers in the same house went for the equivalent of 136.000 dollars a few weeks ago. And no swimming pool... But that´s peanuts compared to prices in Stockholm. My sister has 36 square meters, no balcony, and it´s valued to the equivalent of 195.000 dollars. I don´t know exactly what the monthly fee is, but I´d guess around 500 dollars. How anyone can afford to live there, I don´t know.

    I hope you find something that fits!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. prices (and income) are a lot lower here than some places. I think I read yesterday that LA and new york are tied for 27th most expensive cities in the world, while 2 cities in japan got the #1 and #2 slots. We will be able to buy a condo or 0-lot place here, but we want to be careful about the percentage of eventual retirement income the HOA fees will eat up. our current fees are not that high, and we hate to see such a large increase.

      i am truly in love with this one. that view over the park is fabulous, and that park contains an art museum, an outdoor concert venue and the zoo. sweet!

      Delete