Saturday, January 16, 2010

The Search for Spock

The Search for Spock is the 3rd Star Trek film in the ongoing series, and the last we'll watch tonight. What can I say. I'm not getting any younger. Don't ask me what the kids' excuse is. This is the last one to come out before I had kids and the last one I saw in a theater for years. It stars the Original Series cast, is directed by Leonard Nimoy and has music by James Horner. Dame Judith Anderson plays a Vulcan high priestess. She was 87 at the time. They didn't bring Kirstie Alley back as Saavik. Mark Lenard is Sarek. Christopher Lloyd and John Larroquette play Klingons. Grace Lee Whitney has a cameo.

trailer:


The New York Times has a positive review. Moria doesn't, calling it "a disappointment". Roger Ebert calls it "good but not great" and "a sort of compromise between the first two." Time Magazine calls it "perhaps the first space opera to deserve that term in its grandest sense." Variety says it's "an emotionally satisfying science fiction adventure."

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:57 AM

    I like it" "...an emotionally satifying scifi adventure..."
    A Pal

    ReplyDelete