Monday, December 14, 2009

Northern Ballet Theatre's A Christmas Carol


I remember the first time I saw this 1992 Northern Ballet Theatre production of A Christmas Carol on TV we managed to get almost all of it on tape. We watched it that way for years until The Husband found a DVD of it online somewhere and bought it for me. The kids have never been nearly as taken with this one as I am. I love the music in this, and it amazes me how faithfully they can tell the story in dance. I wish I could find any clips at all of this that I could link to or embed here. This deserves much wider distribution.

I've added a photo at the top of the post from the Northern Ballet Theatre site just to give a hint of the joy of the production. There are other photos at the NBT Facebook page.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:46 AM

    I think the grief of the Cratchetts over the death of Tiny Tim is particularly effective.
    A Pal

    ReplyDelete