Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Realistic Military Science Fiction

io9 has a list of "The Most Realistic Military Science Fiction". Their list includes books, tv, movies and games. Here are the books with ones I've read in bold print:
Starship Troopers, Robert Heinlein
Cobra Trilogy, Timothy Zahn
Ender's Game, Orson Scott Card
The Forever War, Joe Haldeman
Old Man's War, John Scalzi
Broken Angels, Richard K. Morgan
Armor, John Steakley
Wess'Har Wars, Karen Traviss
Vatta's War Cycle, Elizabeth Moon (I've read the 1st one)
Probability Moon, Nancy Kress
X-Wing Series, Michael A. Stackpole / Aaron Allston

TV:
Battlestar Galactica (I've seen the first season)
Stargate SG-1 (I've seen the first season)
Babylon 5 (a favorite until that dreadful 5th season)

Movies:
Aliens (I saw Alien but none of the others)
Children of Men

No comments: