Saturday, August 23, 2008

A Star is Born

When I found the 1937 A Star is Born viewable online I couldn't resist watching it in celebration of the Movies About Movies Blogathon. It stars Janet Gaynor and Fredric March and has Andy Devine. I've always meant to watch it but just never have. I had no idea there were so many movies about movies until this blogathon.

TCM has an article, as does The Oscar Site. The New York Times has a review which says,
here, at least, is good entertainment by any standards, including the artistic, and convincing proof that Hollywood need not travel to Ruritania for its plots; there is drama aplenty in its own backyard.


I've seen the 1976 Barbra Streisand/Kris Kristofferson remake of this film but not the 1954 Judy Garland movie.



I'm keeping a list of other movies about movies I've watched here.

No comments:

Post a Comment