Friday, May 09, 2008

Invitation to the Dance Blogathon



5/10:
A Chorus Line

update:
later on 5/9:
The Red Shoes

The Dance Blogathon is hosted at Ferdy on Films. Tomorrow is the last day, so I'm coming to the dance late, but I've been looking forward to watching a couple of films and reading the archived posts.

As I look back I haven't seen too many movies that feature dance since I started this blog, but I do remember these:

Royal Wedding

Maya Deren included dance in some of her work.

The Skeleton Dance, a 1929 cartoon short, is the 2nd film embedded in this post.

The Blue-Footed Booby Dance

Matt dancing around the world. Twice.

Annabelle Serpentine Dance (1895 short) is 1st on this page.

A Buffalo Dance, Imperial Japanese Dance, Sioux Ghost Dance... are embedded here.

Scrooge Ballet

It seems like the big musicals I've seen that had lots of dance numbers in them are ones I watched before keeping the blog. I do have a couple of new ones in mind to watch for this blogathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment