Thursday, October 25, 2007

Van Helsing

Van Helsing was a birthday present from The Elder Son, and we hadn't watched it yet. I got a big kick out of this over-the-top homage. This one will go in the regular October monster movie rotation. It stars Hugh Jackman in the title role. David Wenham, who was Faramir in The Lord of the Rings, plays Van Helsing's assistant, and Robbie Coltrane, Hagrid in the Harry Potter movies, is the voice of Mr. Hyde.

trailer:



10/29/2011: The Husband, The Younger Son and I watched this tonight. I can't believe we haven't seen it since 2007; I must've just not noted it here. It's great fun to see vampires, wolfmen and Frankenstein and his monster together again.

10/16/2015: The Husband and I watched this tonight, and it's not holding up well for me over multiple viewings. Although fun enough, it has gotten old for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment