Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Revelation Space

I don't know why I can't get into this book. It seems like the kind of book I'd enjoy, but I've started Revelation Space by Alastair Reynolds 4 different times over the past several years and can't get past the first 100 pages or so. I'm putting it back on the shelf to wait 'til some other time.

update 10/13/2015. I tried it again. I like the writing style, and I like the individual stories. What I don't like is how the story is woven together. In the beginning they are totally separate tales, without anything (not even time period) in common. I have time to get involved in a story about the time the author switches back to one of the others. I'm donating this book to a worthy cause where it'll find a more appreciative home.

No comments:

Post a Comment