Tuesday, December 19, 2006

2 Christmas CDs

Both of these are new to me this year, but Sarah McLachlan's Wintersong has just been released this year. I was looking for a few new things, having already picked up Big Bad Voodoo Daddy's effort, and I heard many good words from varied sources about Wintersong. It is beautiful. I hadn't heard her before and was pleased by the sound. There's a mix of traditional songs and modern compositions.

The title song from "Wintersong":






A Very Special Christmas is a CD I picked up used when I bought Wintersong. It's a compilation of a variety of artists who combine forces to benefit Special Olympics. It starts off with The Pointer Sisters singing "Santa Claus Is Coming to Town" and includes the Eurythmics, Sting, U2, Bob Seger and others on 15 tracks.

Sting's contribution to "A Very Special Christmas" -"Gabriel's Message":

No comments:

Post a Comment