Friday, November 03, 2006

Destroying Angel, by Richard Paul Russo

I am reading the Carlucci Trilogy by Richard Paul Russo and have finished the first book. I'd had the second book in the series for years without coming across the first one, but I recently found the trilogy in a one-volume paperback edition at a book stall at the Southern Festival of Books. Destroying Angel is a detective story about a serial killer and takes place in near-future San Francisco. It was grim but an easy read, which I appreciated after Harrison's Light, and I look forward to finishing the second book. It connected well with both my long-time love of science fiction and my recent exploration into the mystery genre.

I read Ship of Fools years ago and loved the book until the ending. For me the ending just kinda petered out, and I never looked for other books by Russo. I'm glad I rediscovered him.

No comments:

Post a Comment