Saturday, September 16, 2006

Shins

My shins have been bothering me the last couple of days during the first 1/2 mile or so of our walk, so I googled for some suggestions on what to do about it. I found lots of info, but the page I'm keeping handy is at The Walking Site. Some of their suggestions for exercises:

Walking on heels, and walking on toes: Probably the single easiest way to strengthen your shins is to walk on your heels.

Toe taps: Standing or sitting, tap the floor with the foot for 2 minutes.

Heel raises: Stand on one leg with a chair turned backwards in front of you. Holding onto the chair back, raise up on your toes keeping your knee straight. Hold for 1 second. Slowly lower to the ground. Repeat 10 times. Toe raises: Same as heel raises only stand on heels and raise toes.

No comments:

Post a Comment