Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Putting the new tools to use

Resting heart rate: 54

Weight: 95

DH is going out of town for a few days and had to leave early this morning, so we didn't walk. I plan on substituting a video for the walk a bit later.

update: I did the Leslie Sansone 1-mile express walk, skipping the cooldown and moving straight into the 2-mile express walk. They are on the same DVD and it worked ok, but I think the 3-mile express walk DVD would work better. I'll pick it up soon and try it.

update again: I did the 3-mile walk this afternoon and liked it. I enjoy Sansone's DVDs so far. Tonight I previewed Kathy Smith's Weight Loss Workout and did some of it. The camera work seemed determined to focus everywhere but on the feet during the leg segments, and I had a bit of trouble seeing what she was doing. I'll know more when I do the full video. She follows the exercise routine with an explanation of her suggested diet plan -1200 calories a day taken from the 4 food groups (starches/fruits&veggies being most important and meats&beans/dairy being eaten with less frequency). Very basic.

Breakfast: raisin bran with extra raisins and hot tea. Lunch: Cozymel's chicken flauta and chicken enchilada with beans and rice and coke. Supper: tuna, pita bread with dipping oil, blueberries, water, Sugar Smacks and coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment